Step forward, Rising Stars!
Rising Stars is aimed at celebrating and rewarding the movers and shakers of the refining industry. The initiative was created to support the Middle East downstream community by giving a platform to the best engineers and prospective leaders of the future.
In preparation for MERTC 2020 we invite process and maintenance engineers from refineries and petrochemical plants across the GCC region to answer the below pertinent industry issue which was raised by our advisory board.
“How would you like to see the downstream industry approach the pressing issue of climate change?”
Apply for Rising Stars Middle East Here
From a number of applicants, our esteemed judges will whittle nominations down to four candidates who will be given the opportunity to present at MERTC in front of industry leaders and our expert audience. At the end there is only one winner!
We invite you to nominate yourself or if you have spotted a Rising Star where you work, please do nominate them. To be eligible, candidates must be under 30 years old and work in a refinery or petrochemical plant.
The Rising Stars Middle East is now open!
Why nominate yourself?
- Get the recognition you deserve
- Get a massive pat on the back for all your hard work and innovation displayed over the past year
- Get you name heard by our esteemed industry judges – to be announced
- Be profiled in Digital Refining, PTQ and WRA as an MERTC Rising Star
Why nominate as a leader or manager?
- Give your team member(s) the recognition they deserve and a massive pat on the back for all of their hard work
- Get your company and engineers profiled in Digital Refining, PTQ and WRA as an MERTC Rising Star
- Increase your team’s morale and motivation
- Help retain talent in the industry
How does it work?
Simple. Whether you want to put yourself forward, or you’re a manager with superstars in your team, then simply submit your details when submissions open, with a 200 word reason as to why you/or the person you’re nominating should be on the list.
- Call for nominations
- The shortlist is selected by our judges
- The shortlist is released and profiled on PTQ, Digital Refining and to the WRA database
- The judges meet to discuss the shortlist
- The 5 shortlisted will be invited to attend MERTC for free
- The 5 shortlisted will present a short presentation (max 3 slides) in front of the conference delegation on ‘If you were CEO for the day, what would you do in your refinery’ plus Q&A
- The shortlist will be discussed by our judges and a voting by the audience
- The winner will be announced at the Rising Stars Winners’ party later on in the conference proceedings